May 17, 2006

Let the quarter life crisis begin!

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a starter home. Choose dental insurance, leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose your future. But why would anyone want to do a thing like that? *Finally at that phase in life where they say, you have to make the right decisions, take up the first right job, meet the right people, live the life of deadlines, make it or break it, do an MBA..the list goes on.
*(Excerpt from the movie trainspotting, which i read in the newspaper some months back.)


It's been two weeks since the exams got over. 3 years of college bygone? This was something i thought i'll never have to grapple with. Or atleast will be able to magically delay. The prognostication was true!
"Callows who shall graduate, shall bear the suffering of the Quarter Life Crisis."
I quite affiliate myself with it right now. Not all the symptoms, but yes, it caught me offguard. I am a victim. :-p
I've been at home mostly (which has started taking a toll on me) but still have been able to keep myself busy with meeting friends, painting (a wedding present for my cousin), the internet and some job-interviews. That still leaves me a lot of time, so let us analyse my situation.

The following are the qualifications for QLC and my association with it.

  • Confusion with identity->Not really.
  • Insecurity regarding the near future->Not at all.
  • Re-evaluation of close interpersonal relationships->YES!
  • Insecurity regarding present accomplishments-Accomplishments?
  • Disappointment with one's job->Considering washing the car is the only real job i do, YES!
  • Nostalgia for college life->YESSSSSS!
  • Tendency to hold stronger opinions->YES
  • Boredom with social interactions->At times.
  • Financially-rooted stress->Sometimes
  • Loneliness-depends what kind, but in general, no.

Hence, I pass. But I know I'll get over this soon ;-)

A few exciting plans for the near future in the oven, you'll see a travelogue here soon.
Signing off with another rhymey..

I'm done with a social obligation
Floyd's on target, "we don't need no education"
I just want to love, laugh,
take a hike or sit by the ocean
I want to read, sway, ponder
Live a life with lesser inhibition
I love the way animals live,
Not sure I wanna learn how humans function
..thats my gumption

N mom..I won't be doing an MBA. Ever.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The Wandererâ„¢ said...

This reminds me of my life in 2003, when I was out of college, clueless after studying something for 4 years which I never understood. On top of that, pressure on another aspect of life made me flee my place to Bangalore. And then things slowly started to fall in place. A brilliant set of friends to live and hang out with, a great work place and Bangalore itself. One of the sweetest phases of my life.

Trust me, this transition phase only prepares you stronger for what is yet to come..hang in there:)

P.S Your command over written English makes me envious.

5/19/2006 1:54 AM  
Blogger MuVo said...

Insha Allah!

Its feels really nice to get a compliment from the wanderer, who (agreeing with you friend on orkut) writes like people in English textbooks do!

5/20/2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger The Wandererâ„¢ said...

Lol..so you did reply:D

That guy was obviously making a sarcastic remark...! And come on, my writing and an English textbook??? If I have to agree to that, then you should accept that you write like English philosophers do..and thats no joke!

5/20/2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger MuVo said...

Can't you take appreciation well??
You write well. Okay, maybe not like text book authors (hehe!), but VERY CLOSE! And I thought it was appropriate to compare you to one. (coz by the time you'd read this message, you'd be there..lol)

See, I feel I write shit. I'm still learning angrezi n definitely nowhere near to call myself to have a good command over it!
But, since you appreciate my stuff, i believe you n accept it!
So any adulation you recieve..you shuddup n accept it, atleast from moi :-)

5/20/2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger AlterinG Abhishek said...

HEY!!
(referred to ur blog.. by ur friend..)
Nice blog..
Enjoy the crisis..hahaha
i can so understand the same..
revel in it..

Gee.. nice pics and cool cute blog u have..
"keep walking...

6/07/2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger MuVo said...

Thanks Abhishek :-)

6/07/2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger WeirdiSgooD said...

LOVERRLLYYY poem... your english is laudable...seriously...miss you..at a loose end now..just got back from Oman n Goa....i sometimes even miss Ravi..so u can guess with what nostalgia i think of Xaviers....

7/02/2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello again Punk,

Having read all the articles on your blog, I must say that I really really (sic) enjoy your writing. If you get to know me better, you will learn that I don't pay such compliments very easily.

I thought that this was an appropriate place to write this because I read that you are not a fan of your own writing! Either you have extremely high standards, or you are a chronic pessimist!

Anyway, I look forward to hearing about your European travels soon. (On this blog and in person :) )

Apurva

7/25/2006 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home