August 21, 2009

Kerala: The Beginning

Once again, my heart was fluttering as I was reaching an unknown territory. God's own country! I couldn't stop smiling as the rickety Air India flight was landing at Kochi airport. The view was GREEN outside, unlike it is when one is reaching Bombay -- in a way you could compare it to the scenery when one is landing in Guwahati. But here it is tropical, unlike the fresh hilly landscape of the East.

I reached Kochi at 8. What a cool weather! Not utilizing my bargaining skills, I took an auto for Angamali railway station for 80 bucks. The cute rickshaw driver said it's 8 Km away. I just loved the way he pronounced 'unngamaaldli'. Mesmerized by how adorable he was, after hardly 10 minutes of journey and a not-so-fast-ride, I've got that break-up feeling -- we approach ANGAMALI. Now I'm certain it's not more than that 4 Km away from the airport.. (Like my friend had instructed) Shouldn't have been more than Rs. 30 (like my friend had instructed!!). Grr.

The oh-so-cute rickshaw driver is suddenly not-so- cute anymore.

However, I'm just loving the air here at the little railway station called Angamali.. Waiting for Kanyakumari Express that'll take me to Chengannur!

1 Comments:

Blogger DNL said...

EVENTFUL! and its just the beginning...Have phunn there!!

8/21/2009 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home